Boston on the Go - a Bostonian guide to keeping yourself busy and in the know. Ideas on things to do, places to shop & dine, and what to talk about when you're out and about in the Boston area.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hopefully my first and last rant

Now, as many readers know, I like to shake a tail feather or two. I haven't been to every club in Boston, but I've been to some. Anyways, on to my rant.

A few years ago, you could hear a whole song at a club. Why is that not the case anymore? Not everyone, but some people, go to clubs because you want to hear the song from the radio in a club. So, play the whole freakin song. I understand mixing is important, but mixing to the point where no one hears a song in its full capacity is ridiculous. Until this changes, I'm dancing by myself...in my room, in the car, pretty much anywhere else besides a club.

At least that way I won't get ass slapped on the dance floor either. But the way guys look and touch girls in a club is a completely different story. I will give this advice to some men - unless the girl is looking at you or gives you the nod, don't just go and touch her. Especially her ass and waist. And don't tell me we ask for it. Those of us who are dancing with our girlfriends and singing along to Rhianna or Usher, are NOT asking for it. We came out for a good time.

And to Fransisco, who came up to us at the bar last night - don't ask a girl if she knows what kind of shampoo her friend uses or that you met your friend (aka wingman) in a feminist class. Just doesn't make you score.

0 Comments: