Boston on the Go - a Bostonian guide to keeping yourself busy and in the know. Ideas on things to do, places to shop & dine, and what to talk about when you're out and about in the Boston area.

Monday, May 5, 2008

New Music and News!!!

So, many of you heard that Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon (the latter most famous for the movie Drumline) got married. And Mariah and Nick got a pre-nup. Well done. At least someone has been listening to Golddigger. Nicely done Nick Cannon, you got a cougar!

In other celeb news, my peep gave me some juicy ScarJo news - Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds are engaged. But don't worry boys and girls, if this is anything like Ryan's first engagement to Alanis Morissette, it will be over before you know about it.

As for new music. Though you may not watch the Hills & Gossip Girl as dedicatedly as I do, maybe you should. Some fun music is on those shows. Check out the fun tracks below that should keep you jammin' until Duffy's record hits stateside. xoxo Boston gal.

All songs can be found on iTunes.

Adele -this British songstress is a little slower than Lily Allen, Kate Nash or Amy Winehouse, but so sweet. Hometown Glory, a single of the week a while back is a nice pick, or Make You Feel My Love.

Ting Tings - Great DJ is the free single of the week. But download Shut Up and Let Me Go

Santogold - she's like M.I.A. esp on the single Creator. But I enjoy Shove It and LES Artistes too. The whole album sounds good.

Does It Offend You, Yeah? Seriously, that's the name of the band. I like Dawn of the Dead and Let's Make Out. I wonder, if you play the latter song, will I ever have to say what I mean? Just joshin'.

And for the pop section on your ipod - hate to love, love to hate - Chris Brown's new single Forever, Madonna's Heartbeat, 4 Minutes and Give it to Me, Ashlee Simpson's Boys and Little Miss Obsessive.

0 Comments: